JOB TITLE: VP of Operations
REPORTS TO: CEO
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
Bonchon is an international restaurant concept known for our delicious, signature Korean double-fried chicken. Our 340+ restaurants are in 8 countries around the world and both our fan base and number of restaurants are growing rapidly. We have 95+ locations in the US and our domestic growth rate is one of the best in the industry.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Operations for Bonchon Franchise plays an important strategic role in the success and growth of our brand. The Vice President of Operations is responsible for developing franchisee relationships and implementing operations and business strategies designed to achieve objectives focused on driving sales, traffic and profits for the franchise partners and Bonchon team. S/he will select, manage and build a team of Franchise Business Consultants responsible for 95+ locations and counting.
WHO YOU ARE
The VP of Operations is a strong collaborator and influential leader. S/he will create innovation and efficiency in Bonchon Franchise operations, enthusiastically driving support and training initiatives. S/he will partner with cross-functional leaders of Marketing, Supply Chain, Development, Finance, and HR to service our Franchise partners. The VP of Operations leads a team that ensures we deliver an excellent customer experience, high quality, and safe products. S/he will head the operations and training support for new location openings, new product implementation, policy and procedure implementation, and the on-going monitoring of product quality and customer experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Collaborates with leadership team to define the company’s strategic objectives and contribute to overall financial objectives and business goals
· Ensuring that franchise partners achieve business and development commitment goals
· Develops new strategies, plans, and tools to ensure best in class operations across all existing and new restaurants
· Supporting, and coordinating and conducting Franchise Operations meeting calls
· Identifies vendors and consistently audit product quality and customer experience; manages on-going vendor relationship, data reporting, and analysis to identify performance gaps and drive improvement.
· Reviews franchise profit and loss statements, quality reports, customer feedback, and store audit to identify trends, and implementation of best practices to enhance operational support and training.
· Develops integrated plans and partnership with the Corporate Chef, driving the overall implementation of new/enhanced products, procedures, and standards in both existing and new markets in a way that is culturally acceptable while maintaining the integrity and history of the brand.
· Leads the development, distribution, and on-going evaluation of operational standards, policies, and procedures to ensure alignment with Bonchon quality standards, safety standards, and legal requirements.
· Partners with the Development team to determine which Bonchon Franchise restaurants are to be replaced, remodeled, or closed; plans and oversees support needed to make transition.
· Provides input and recommendations on new Franchise applications to advance the selection of qualified Franchisee partners.
· Monitors restaurant opening activities to lead the delivery of timely centralized training and support (e.g., equipment research, review of samples submitted, logistic/supply chain establishment, manufacturing approval, marketing, staffing, and training) within budgetary and quality standards.
· Assesses and improves the new franchise on-boarding experience and overall effectiveness to drive future improvement in the process
· Oversees people processes and programs across the team to ensure talent for current and future needs by providing operational, functional, and technical leadership.
· Attracts, retains, and develops highly effective professionals and support staff.
· Cultivates a bench of leadership and talent to deliver results and support future growth.
· Determines work methods and directs the work of associates, including field-based operations and training team members
· Drives the establishment of performance goals and provides on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team’s performance and capability, to facilitate open communication, and to encourage continuous performance improvement.
· Identifies individual and team skill gaps, developmental areas, and opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, projects, etc.) to advance individual and team capability.
· Recognizes initiative, innovation, and work well done to create a positive work environment of excellence.
· Oral and written communication skills that effectively communicate sophisticated concepts, insights and recommendations in a compelling manner to various audiences
SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
· 10+ years relevant work experience (e.g., Operations/Training in Restaurants/Retail Industry), with at least 5 years operational experience
· 5+ years of managerial experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· Fast-casual, multi-unit franchise operations, and/or hospitality industry experience
· Ability to travel 25-50%
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint