JOB TITLE: Multi-Unit General Manager
LOCATION: New York, NY
Bonchon is an international restaurant concept known for our delicious, signature Korean double-fried chicken. Our 340+ restaurants are in 8 countries around the world and both our fan base and number of restaurants are growing rapidly. We have 100+ locations in the US and our domestic growth rate is one of the best in the industry.
The Multi-Unit General Manager ensures maximum sales, traffic and profit growth through oversight of the day-to-day operations of two (2) New York City corporate-owned restaurants making sure excellent guest service, high quality food and beverage, employee development, food safety, restaurant cleanliness and maintenance of the building and equipment are consistently delivered by the restaurant teams. The Multi-Unit General Manager must be able to build an outstanding team around them through hiring, mentoring and influencing the team to achieve success both personally and professionally. The Multi-Unit General Manager will be required to prepare periodic reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly) for restaurants and should have the ability to follow the organization provided financial procedures, including but not restricted to; handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions.
- Establish clear sales goals with each Restaurant Manager and for the district. Create and execute effective action plans and conduct follow up that drives accountability and results.
- Become an expert in operations and be available to answer all questions. Training coaching and inspiring all locations to deliver exceptional guest experiences and high-quality food ensuring a commitment to Bonchon’s standards.
- Lead and train Bonchon University sessions and programs for new and existing franchisees and managers.
- Coach Restaurant Managers to effectively manage labor costs, loss prevention, food costs, inventory systems and cash.
- Ensure effective execution of all marketing initiatives and product launches.
- Communicate results, recognize top performance, share best practices, and encourage a collaborative environment in which all restaurant teams can learn from each other and achieve results.
- Ensure the safety and security of the restaurant teams and guests through a focus on preventative maintenance, systems, and cleanliness.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws within district, including Federal and State labor laws.
- Lead by example and promote an environment in which the urgency to satisfy each and every guest is standard. Coach and develop teams to exceed guest expectations as measured on guest satisfaction surveys.
- Review guest feedback and engage the team in developing action plans to improve the guest experience Monitor each restaurant team to ensure appropriate training tools are used to foster consistent knowledge with new and existing Team Members.
- Support participation of Restaurant Managers in training and development to foster continuous improvement in operational excellence.
- Lead by example to promote a respectful and positive environment that helps foster mutual trust Provide ongoing feedback to Restaurant Managers and teams through frequent communication. Recognize achievements and resolve concerns in a timely manner.
- Develop high performing leadership teams through rigorous selection, training, performance management, and ongoing professional development.
- Coach Restaurant Managers on hiring, training, and developing the best people and to plan staffing levels to drive results that meet guest and business needs.
- Hold self and team accountable for responsibilities, policies and procedures, and coaching for improved results.
- Manage personal business expenses and monitor all direct reports expenses Identify long-term goals for restaurants and drive execution of plans.
- Develop restaurant leadership at all levels of restaurant operations through restaurant visits, one-on-ones, and development plans. Have a clear understanding of how to move capability and performance and a sense of urgency to do so.
- Build a pipeline of leadership talent to fuel growth.
- Take lead on the in-restaurant rollout of new initiatives, procedures, and promotions.
- Support New Restaurant Opening team in recruiting, hiring, training staff and launching new locations while balancing the needs of existing restaurants.
- Test, give feedback and participate in Operations projects as needed.
- Serve as liaison between restaurant leadership and corporate headquarters.
- Deliver a balanced P&L across locations, primary focus on top-line sales, productivity, and production management
SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (HS Diploma or GED required)
- 4+ years of related management experience in the restaurant industry (QSR or fast-casual dining experience preferred)
- 25-50% Travel as needed amongst restaurants to accomplish all tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Aloha POS is a plus
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Bonus Eligible
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Simple IRA with a company match
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Discounts on Bonchon orders and local business
Bonchon Franchise, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability EmployerAPPLY