JOB TITLE: Manager of Construction
REPORTS TO: SVP of Development
LOCATION: New York, NY or Dallas, TX
Bonchon is an international restaurant concept known for our delicious, signature Korean double-fried chicken. Our 340+ restaurants are in 8 countries around the world and both our fan base and number of restaurants are growing rapidly. We have 95+ locations in the US and our domestic growth rate is one of the best in the industry.
The Manager of Construction will report to the SVP of Development, ensuring all construction goals and related business needs are met or exceeded. S/he will plan, strategize, and execute construction initiatives while communicating and partnering with General Contractors, Vendors, the Development team, and Bonchon’s cross-functional teams. The Manager of Construction will manage resource allocation for efficient and effective delivery of all construction projects in accordance with Bonchon’s cost, time, quality standards and objectives.
WHO YOU ARE
The Manager of Construction is a negotiating expert. S/he is bringing architect management, bidding, contract, and permit experience from a multi-unit restaurant chain. S/he is self-motivated, tenacious, demonstrates strong leadership and works well under pressure. The Manager of Construction is a problem solver, efficient communicator, planner, and strategist who will optimize the budget and operational plans using their interpersonal and customer service skills. S/he is an executor of project development planning in a dynamic environment contributing to the development of new franchise and corporate restaurant projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversees the management of restaurant construction projects ensuring General Contractors and Vendors are adhering to plans and specifications and that expectations and timelines are being met.
· Project manages new restaurant construction and/or Remodels (Budgeting, Scope Development, Scheduling, Construction Management, Turnover to Operations.)
· Develops Construction and Development SOPs
· Ensures projects turnover is at the designated time
· Conducts weekly construction meetings/calls with Development team and Franchise partner providing project and plan updates
· Analyzes basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections to make sound decisions accordingly
· Works with SVP of Development to develop a cost-effective budget and schedule for completion of multiple projects
· Reviews and markup drawings for Architects and Engineers (i.e. 90% Reviews)
· Develops bid lists for assigned projects, analyze bids, and award General Contractor
· Manages Web-Based software including but not limited to; Bidding, Contracts, Change Orders, Invoices, RFI’s, Submittals, Document Storage, Photos, Project Updates, and Date Management
· Ensures standards are being met through multiple site visits to verify GC and Owner Vendors are adhering to plans and specifications as well as City and State laws.
· Partners with franchisees to create and execute the most efficient restaurant construction process minimizing investment costs and maximizing sales
· Identifies, qualifies, hires, directs, and monitors outside and inside services to support the development process
· Responsible for contract negotiations, administration and cost tracking
SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
· BS Degree in Construction Management/Engineering or Architecture preferred
· 3-5 years of construction project management in the hospitality/ restaurant industry
· Work experience in a multi-unit restaurant chain preferred
· General Contracting background is a plus
· Ability to travel 25%