JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Specialist
LOCATION: New York City Area
Bonchon’s amazing experiences make unforgettable moments. We’re an international restaurant concept known for our delicious, signature Korean double-fried chicken. Our 340+ restaurants are in 8 countries around the world and both our fan base and number of restaurants are growing rapidly. We have 100+ locations in the US and our domestic growth rate is one of the best in the industry. Bonchon is world famous for its’ Korean fried chicken coated with our signature sauces. In addition to our fried chicken, Bonchon offers a full Asian infused menu. Our team is expanding, and we’re looking for sizzling talent that’s ready to push boundaries while maintaining the Bonchon standard of flavor and experience.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a reliable and precise contractor to help us properly maintain our payable information. The Accounts Payable Specialist will maintain current accounts and assist in invoicing functions. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors.
· Maintain petty cash accounts and log all outgoing disbursements
· Monitor all vendor payment agreements ensuring all payments are made correctly and timely.
· Review the business travel reimbursement report ensuring all expense are within company guidelines and policy
· Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
· Reconcile payable reports each week to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
· Handling high volume vendor billing, inputting data into SAP
· Filing accounting relevant documents such as invoices, receipts, contracts and payroll records etc.
· Collect hours worked for each employee and accurately calculate weekly wages for check issuing
· Maintain the details of daily sales records for all corporate owned store locations
· Manage heavy inbound and outbound mail including check payments
· Responsible for depositing checks and handling miscellaneous banking activities
· Review, coordinate and process payable and receivable items
· Monitor and manage payments from Franchisees
· Assist corporate store managers with accounting related documents such as invoices, contracts, payroll records, etc. communicating efficiently and timely
· Perform secretarial duties such as copying, scanning, faxing, and filing necessary documents
· Assist with office management needs (i.e., lunch orders, office announcements, bathroom/kitchen replenishment, etc.)
· Assist department manager with outstanding tasks and assignments as needed
· Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & REQUIRMENTS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· 3-5 years of experience in accounts payable
· Savvy in Excel and QuickBooks
· SAP experience preferred
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong organizational ability
· Strong sense of urgency
· Effective communication skills