JOB TITLE: Accounting Associate
LOCATION: New York City Area
Bonchon’s amazing experiences make unforgettable moments. We’re an international restaurant concept known for our delicious, signature Korean double-fried chicken. Our 340+ restaurants are in 8 countries around the world and both our fan base and number of restaurants are growing rapidly. We have 100+ locations in the US and our domestic growth rate is one of the best in the industry. Bonchon is world famous for its’ Korean fried chicken coated with our signature sauces. In addition to our fried chicken, Bonchon offers a full Asian infused menu. Our team is expanding, and we’re looking for sizzling talent that’s ready to push boundaries while maintaining the Bonchon standard of flavor and experience.
We’re looking for an Accounts Associate with attention to detail and a sense of urgency. The Assistant will assist our accounting and management department with all clerical and basic accounting tasks. The responsibility with involves updating databases, recordkeeping, filing, billing, and responding to internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner. We want a multitasker who works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handling high volume vendor billing, inputting data into SAP.
- Filing accounting relevant documents such as invoices, receipts, contracts and payroll records etc.
- Manage heavy inbound and outbound mail including check payments.
- Responsible for depositing checks and handling miscellaneous banking activities.
- Assist and coordinate and inventory including orders, data entries, and communication between third parties.
- Review, coordinate and process payable and receivable items.
- Create invoices, monitor, and manage payments from Franchisees.
- Export and enter POS (Aloha) restaurant sales data into Bonchon files.
- Assist with daily sales entry and reporting for corporate owned restaurants.
- Manually extract sales data from Franchisee sales recap emails and reports and enter data into Bonchon files.
- Match sales/royalty/marketing fee on Expected Billing statements with Bonchon standards and agreements.
- Assist corporate store managers with accounting related documents such as invoices, contracts, payroll records, etc. communicating efficiently and timely.
- Perform secretarial duties such as copying, scanning, faxing, and filing necessary documents.
- Assist with office management needs (i.e., lunch orders, office announcements, bathroom/kitchen replenishment, etc.)
- Assist department manager with outstanding tasks and assignments as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of Accounts Assistant/Clerk experience
- Accounting/Finance Bachelor’s Degree required
- Accounts Receivable/Payable experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP
- Advanced Excel skills is a plus (vlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc.)